Friday, August 16, 2013

She has arrived....

Our little girl has arrived!!! Olivia Grace was born on July 12 at 10:15 pm.  She is absolutely precious. It is hard to believe that she was born just 5 weeks ago...she has grown so much since then. At birth, she weighed 7lbs and now she weighs 9, she holds her end up more, smiles more and makes more noises. It is great to see all these changes in her. 

S and I have been adjusting pretty well to life with a child. In the beginning we were really struggling with the whole 'not getting enough sleep' thing, but even that has gotten a ton better. Tonight she slept for almost 5 hours straight, which was awesome!!

The most challenging piece for me has been nursing her. In all the books and all the classes, they don't tell you how hard it is to nurse a baby. I am glad that I have stuck with it, but boy, did I feel like giving up several times. 

The best part, though, is seeing this beautiful baby that my husband and I created out of our love for one another and watching her grow and change each and everyday. She melts my heart and nothing in this world can describe the love I feel for her!!

As for running, I ran 3 miles just four days before I delivered. I haven't run since she has been born, to help give my body time to heal. I have one more week of rest and then will hopefully be cleared by my doctor to start running again.  I can't wait to put on my running shoes!!

Happy running!

No comments:

Post a Comment