Friday, August 16, 2013

It's the small things

Tonight I went to dinner with a friend.....without the husband or the child!! On how wonderful it was. Don't get me wrong, I love being with my husband and little O, but after 5 weeks of having minimal alone time and minimal adult conversation -going out to dinner was fantastic. It was also great to share all the ups and downs of being a mother with another mother. It reminded me that I really do need to reach out to my friends more, especially those that have children of their own and that to keep my sanity in this whole parenthood thing, I really do need to take time for myself everyday. The better I take care of myself -the better mom I can be. 

Speaking of taking time for myself, tomorrow night I am going to see the Rascal Flatts and The Band Perry in concert. It has been a dream of mind to see the Rascal Flatts for several years and I finally get to make that happen. It is going to be a great time!!!

I'll try to take and post some pics. 

Happy running!






No comments:

Post a Comment