Monday, August 19, 2013

Rascal Flatts = Amazing

Back before O was born, S and I, along with my sister and youngest brother, decided to buy tickets to the Rascal Flatts concert being held in Tinley Park.  While RF have to be one of my all time favorite country bands, I knew that little O would only be about 5 weeks old, so I was a little hesitant to buy tickets for the concert. Would she be ok with a sitter? How would I be away from her for several hours? But after some reassurance from my husband and a few coworkers, I decided to go for it and I am glad I did.

I wanted someone O was familiar with to babysit her, so I asked my mom.  This turned out it be a great decision.  My mom loved watching her and O did so well with her. It was great bonding time for the two of them.  For me....it was a much needed night away with my husband.  With the birth of O, S and I have been consumed with taking care of her, but now we had a few hours where we could just focus on us...it was really nice. And to top it all off, The Band Perry and Rascal Flatts were amazing and did not disappoint. I did, though, forget how much older the guys in RF are - it made me feel old. Yikes!! All in all it was a great night and made me realize that S and I need more date nights :-)

Here's a pic of us from the evening!


Happy running!!

No comments:

Post a Comment