Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Waiting

Last Thursday, we were one of the lucky ones (said sarcastically) that had damage in our basement due to all the heavy rains. Thankfully nothing was ruined except for the carpet, trim, and most likely a bit of drywall. Since Thursday, we have been  in contact with our insurance agent and a restoration company. Starting from Friday, each day the restoration company has promised that they would be out to start work on our house. In the meantime, we got all the water out and have had fans on our carpet to try to get out as much water as possible.

So...it is now Monday and they promised my husband that they would be here today to start work; although they couldn't give us an exact time. We decided then that he would take the morning shift and wait for them, while I would take the afternoon off from work and wait for them. At 11:30, still no company, so S called and they said they would be there either in 30 minutes or up to 3 hours. It is now 5:17 and I am still waiting. I am a bit frustrated that I took off work to sit around the house and wait for this company. Granted, the time off was nice and I was able to register for lots of baby stuff, but I really can't afford to be using my vacation hours for things like this. I only have so many left and I need as many as I can get for all those doctor appointments. Oye! After a day like today, I think my favorite comfort food - mac n' cheese is in store for dinner tonight.

Happy Running

Running log - 3 miles on Saturday and 3 miles on Sunday.

No comments:

Post a Comment