Sunday, April 7, 2013

Baby Bump...

Why do people feel the need to (a) want to see your baby bump and (b) touch the baby bump? I don't get it..I have never felt the need to touch or want to see any of my pregnant friends baby bump. Am I alone in this? I feel quite uncomfortable when people come up to me and say things like - "can I see your bump", "where are you hiding that baby", "just wait, you will get bigger", "only 3 months to go - dear, you need to get bigger". Comments like these drive me nuts and don't even get me started on touching my stomach.

All of these things happened to me yesterday when I went to visit some friends. The minute I walked in, everyone wanted to see 'the bump'. What about seeing me...have I already disappeared because of the baby. Yes, she is important and yes, I am well aware that she will be the center of attention for quite some time...but 'hello' I am still me - I am still here. Oye! Anyway, one lady could tell I was getting quite uncomfortable with the situation and you know what she says...."don't feel bad, we all just want to see you get fat". WHAT!! OMG! Seriously. I am sorry, but I am trying to maintain a healthy weight for my baby and for me and I apologize if that means I am not going to gain 50+ lbs, just so that people can see me 'get fat'. Oye - some people. Then to top it all off, another lady comes up to me and puts her hand on my belly and starts to rub it. At this point, it took all I had not to scream and run out the door. Sadly, I didn't say anything and let her continue making a scene and touching away. After she was done admiring me belly, I promptly put my hands in front of my stomach where they remained the rest of the visit. Oye - not sure if I can handle much more of this 'baby bump' phenomenon. However, I know after the baby is born, complete strangers will want to touch and hold her, and I have a feeling that is going to be 100 times worse.

Oh the wonderful joys of being pregnant. On that note, I think I'll go out for a quick run.

Sorry for the vent - but thanks to all of you for reading and understanding.

Happy Running.

No comments:

Post a Comment